The TWIN CORP coaches’ code of ethics
This code* was written by TWIN CORP exclusively for the practice of professional coaching, and it is binding for all members of the organization. It aims to set out ethical guidelines, given the specific nature of the coaching profession as a support process for people in their professional lives.
TWIN CORP coaching approach
TWIN CORP coaching is a partnership with clients. The coach and client together determine the purpose, scope, and expected results.
Coaching is a professional and personal development technique. Consequently, the Coach leaves the responsibility for all his/her decisions to the Coachee.
- discover and clarify what the coachee wants to do in order to establish a contract based on a common agreement.
- assist the coachee to define his/her motivations, strategies and skills.
- assisting the coachee in the search for solutions and options available to him/her.
- challenge the coachee’s commitments in making progess to resolve his/her problem
- adjust his/her support process with due respect for the coachee’s development stages.
- be aware of the specific business, customs, culture, context and constraints of the organization for which he/she works with.
Definition of TWIN CORP coaching
Professional coaching is defined as an ongoing relationship in a period of time that allows the coachee to achieve its objectives in a professional setting.
The coaching process shall be conducted with due concern for a synthesis between the interests of the Coachee and those of the organization.
Through the process of coaching, coachee improves his/her knowledge and performance. The coachee clarifies its objectives and is committed to take action. The coaching enables the coachee to accelerate progress towards achieving his/her objectives. The coaching process focuses on the present situation of the coachee. The coach is an expert in the coaching process and is responsible for the framework.
As a partner, the coach requires to get in the best position to understand the business challenges of the coachee. In no case what so ever the coach replaces the coachee’s expertise
Ethical Conduct as a coach
Professional Conduct At Large
- I will be respectful of different approaches to coaching. I understand that violating this standard may leave me subject to legal remedy by a third party.
- I will be alert to any potentially adverse effect recognizing the nature of coaching and its impact on the lives of others.
- I will, at all times, strive to recognize personal issues that may impair, conflict, or interfere with my coaching performance or my professional coaching relationships. Whenever the facts and circumstances necessitate, I will promptly seek professional assistance and determine the action to be taken, including whether it is appropriate to suspend or terminate my coaching relationship(s).
- I will conduct and report research with competence, honesty, and within recognized scientific standards and applicable subject guidelines. My research will be carried out with the necessary consent and approval of those involved, and with an approach that will protect participants from any potential harm.
- I will maintain, store, and dispose of any records created during my coaching business in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security, and privacy, and complies with any applicable laws and agreements
Professional Conduct with Clients
- I will be responsible for setting clear, appropriate, and culturally sensitive boundaries that govern any telephonical or physical contact I may have with my clients or sponsors.
- I will not become sexually intimate with any of my current clients or sponsors.
- I will have clear agreements or contracts with my clients and sponsor(s). I will honor all agreements or contracts made in the context of professional coaching relationships.
- I will carefully explain and strive to ensure that, prior to or at the initial meeting, my coaching client and sponsor(s) understand the nature of coaching, the nature and limits of confidentiality, arrangements, and any other terms of the coaching agreement or contract.
- I will accurately identify my coaching qualifications, expertise, experience, certifications and professional federation credentials.
- I will not knowingly mislead or make false claims about what my client or sponsor will receive from the coaching process or from me as the coach.
- I will not give my prospective clients or sponsors information or advice I know or believe to be misleading or false
- I will not knowingly take any personal, professional, or monetary advantage or benefit of the coach-client relationship, except by a form of compensation as agreed in the agreement or contract.
- I will respect the client’s right to terminate the coaching relationship at any point during the process, subject to the provisions of the agreement or contract. I will be alert to indications that the client is no longer benefiting from our coaching relationship.
- I will encourage the client or sponsor to make a change if I believe the client or sponsor would be better served by another coach or by another resource
- I will suggest my client seek the services of other professionals when deemed necessary or appropriate.
- I will take all necessary steps to inform the competent authorities if my client declares an intention to endanger himself or others.
- I will maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality with all client and sponsor information. I will have a clear agreement or contract before releasing information to another person, unless required by law.
- I will have a clear agreement upon how coaching information will be exchanged among coach, client, and sponsor.
- I will get the permission of my client before revealing any information about him to anyone who pays my compensation
Conflicts of Interest
- I will encourage the client or sponsor to make a change if I believe the client or sponsor would be better served by another coach or by another resource.
- For any conflict of interest, current or potential, I will openly disclose the situation with my client.
- I will disclose to my client and his or her sponsor all anticipated compensation from third parties that I may pay or receive for referrals of that client
Pledge of Ethics
As a TWIN CORP Professional Coach, I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical and legal obligations to my coaching clients and sponsors, colleagues, and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with the TWIN CORP Code of Ethics, and to practice these standards with those whom I coach.